Anxiety is actually an ancient and necessary warning sign of difficulty or dangerous situations that help up prepare for the unexpected. This normal human emotion is used to motivate and help us stay focused under pressure, like when you have to perform in front of colleagues.
Many of us feel anxious, or nervous, when:
- Faced with an issue at work,
- Before taking an exam, or
- Making an important decision.
However, your anxiety symptoms may have become chronic and interfere with your daily life, and your ability to function.
When worries, general fears, social anxiety, panic attacks, or phobias become a barrier to success at work or healthy relationships, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.
Quest’s trained facilitators walk with you through specially designed processes to help you understand and eliminate the symptoms of anxiety and take positive steps to rewire your nervous system.
If you answer “yes” to several of these questions, you may find that you would benefit from a Quest retreat.
1. Do you often worry about things such as your health, work or what others are thinking of you?
2. Do you feel on edge, anxious our nervous much of the time?
3. Have you tried to control your anxiety, to stop worrying, with little success?
4. Do you often feel restless or have such habits as shaking your foot, picking at fingernails, twirling your hair and/or tapping a pencil?
5. Do you find yourself easily irritated or annoyed?
6. Do you sometimes experience a pounding heart, shortness of breath, sweating, trembling or shaking?
7. Do you have abdominal distress, dizziness, tingling, numbness or fear of choking?
8. Do you often have sleep difficulties such as falling or staying asleep, restlessness or unsatisfying sleep?
9. Has your anxiety resulted in difficulties with relationships or work?
10. In the last year, has your use of alcohol and/or drugs resulted in difficulties at work or in relationships, and/ or placed you in dangerous situations?
If you would like to talk with one of our therapists about whether Quest is appropriate for you, call us at (707) 322-4626.